SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By silic0re
oh wow
By grasshopper
This is excellent. A highly compact device with this, a 3 axis accelerometer (LIS3LV02DQ) and a 3 axis compass (HMC5843) and a small I2C enabled uC would be really neat to have available for a reasonable hardware price (like $100 as opposed to 500 for something like what VectorNav offers). Since a lot of hobbyists cannot solder these themselves those 4 chips connected appropriately would be awesome, especially in a SMD solderable, I2C/SPI controlled package.

I wonder what the maximum sampling rate is on that guy.
By jb_clb
I just got an iphone yesterday, and must say that i totally ADORE the Sparkfun Witilt... But the compass in iphone just amazed me.
I've been trying to fiddle with the gyrofunctinos etc, but it just doesnt do it for me. The compass is able to pretty accurately measure rotation.
The WiTilt is awsome at X/Y translation.
Rotation is a tricky bastard, but with a addon compass that would do it.
I'm willing to pay 500$ for WiTilt v4 (compass).
By evarobotics
Very nice. But what I'd love to see, and hopefully soon, is integrated accelerometers + gyros in the one package.

A dual axis accelerometer with a gyro in the same plane would help with some really fine INU (not IMU) applications.

By the way... I haven't looked hard for these yet so if you know of any throw a link up!
By McXavier
Those are neat! I would be curious to see the datasheet whenever they make it public.
evarobotics wrote:By the way... I haven't looked hard for these yet so if you know of any throw a link up!
Analog devices offers 6 DoF IMUs (that you can use in an INU if you want...) in a single module. Their ADIS163xx series is available in several variations.
By evarobotics
Analog devices offers 6 DoF IMUs (that you can use in an INU if you want...) in a single module. Their ADIS163xx series is available in several variations.
That's the idea. 23mm cube is a bit bulky... But thanks for the link. Consider it bookmarked.
By McXavier
evarobotics wrote:That's the idea. 23mm cube is a bit bulky... But thanks for the link. Consider it bookmarked.
agreed. 4 x 4 x 2 mm would be nice (and possible).
By Arachnivore
One of those 3-axis gyros would go quite nicely with one of these 3-axis accelerometer + 3-axis magnetometer chips from ST microelectronics. :)