SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By corvette123
EM sensitivity

the darwinistic audio effect as it applies to EM
i should clarify that the "darwinistic audio effect" mentioned above with mono audio in each ear appearing to the user as "in the middle" also applies to other sources of "ear path" stimulation such as other ranges of EM (for those who are sensitive to EM which could amount to as much as 25% of the population)

Thus, regardless of knowing the source of external stimulation... you can know how the brain processes external stimuluses in this area, and that any external stimulus whether audio or EM being the same at each ear (mono audio track or same EM at each ear region) will produce the same effect as appearing "in the middle".... you can test this out with your own ipod and a mono audio track...

EM characterization
another point today is the method of characterizing someone to EM stimulation while they are put out (drug induced sleep in hospital). This method could possibly involve an EEG while sweeping the external methods of EM stimulation and noticing brain activity. thus it would be unkown to the person that they have been EM characterized.

Resonant frequency and the ossicles
resonant frequency. is it possible to find out the resonant frequency of the ossicles to induce "severe tinnitus" and cause extreme pain? its possible to be included in the above EM characterization. I am not sure of the method of this one being the resonant frequency as i guess it would vary from person to person and would have to be found... but its possible to be in a limited range of values for all humans and can be swept externally until a reaction is noticed (visually watching the person even.... so they dont necessarily have to be EM characterized to notice this effect becuase it causes extreme pain). therefore, there is a high probability that this is the method for producing "severe tinnitus" in individuals...

just some more observations :)
Last edited by corvette123 on Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:12 am, edited 2 times in total.
By corvette123
UPDATED SCORE:

Engineers: 3.33

Wannabe intel: 0.90000000000001

you have fail.

epic failure.
By corvette123
this is my wife. she likes to wear shooter grade headphones like 24 hours a day but she says its just for hearing comfort????

i dunno.

thats very ..... odd.

in this picture she isnt quite having them on, but they are almost on... usually most of the day she has these things over her ears.

i just got her a green card and i met her online while i was in Iraq in OIF 3 after my 1st wife left me (i think the Army broke up my 1st marriage....)

heres a new theory for you:

The Army finds single guys and pairs them up with women they control to build officers who can be controlled or put them in other agencies and controls their careers.

hahahah that one sounds crazy.

man i really hate sound now.

i need to move to colorado with you guys at sparkfun......

i just love electronics and engineering..... we would all click.

im easy to get along with.

ahhh the quiet of fresh snow when its big powder........

the quietness.

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
[/img]
By corvette123
oh yah i forgot to mention, we dont live in a construction zone and those shooter headphones are passive, and they dont play music or anything else.

:lol: :lol: :lol:
By corvette123
im buying her a pink pair for xmas time!!1

shhhhh!!

dont tell her :lol: :lol:

By corvette123
the moral of the story is if you do join the Army, dont do too good of a job and dont look too smart, or someone may come and screw with your life too.

1. look as stupid as you possibly can
2. screw up every other army job you do
3. dont volunteer for anything
4. do what everyone else does
5. do not show that you actually care
6. remember to use lots of curse words to fit in and not stand out.

this will guarantee that you ETS in a timely manner, and arent harassed after you leave. (they will forget you even exist.)

my .02
Last edited by corvette123 on Wed Oct 28, 2009 8:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By corvette123
UPDATED SCORE:

Engineers: 4.33

Wannabe intel: 1.00000000000001

you have fail.

epic failure.
By corvette123
this is my 2 year old son, Tristan.

he is a superbaby :) all smiles.

he isnt quite talking yet, although he is very smart.

he doesnt need any extra noises or sounds........

By corvette123
The lifecycle of secret technology

1. developed by military / DARPA / etc

2. assessed and possibly used in covert / secret actions or released to corp applications

3. years pass and eventually released to corp applications after covert /secret timespan (this is where the military and covert guys get their $$$$ kickbacks)

4. now commercial tech.

I have 1 case data where something similiar to an "acoustic heterodyne" has been around and in practice as far back as the early 80's........ (4 witnesses to this particular case over a long period of time)

im sure it has been earlier than that however i havent found any data on it as of yet.

it has an obscure use anyways.....
By corvette123
ever hear of the new "shot detection system" that some cities want to install up on telephone poles?

could it possibly become a cover for other electronic platforms??

how about acoustic heterodynes that can be installed and uninstalled as needed?

any police installed platform possibly on every / any telephone pole CANT be good!!

looks just like the cover story to me.

its gonna be funny when linemen need a security clearance.
By phalanx
There are forums out there for blogging but this one isn't it. Please try to keep your subject matter on topic as I've received a number of complaints about this thread from multiple users.

Thanks!

-Bill