SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Have a good idea for a new product for SFE or Olimex? Let us know!
By tmbg
I have one :P

Is it worth it to you to buy one?
By dpaton
Sorry Nathan, mine are already spoken for, including the one on the pre-assembled breakout board I ordered. One guy here at the office told me I'd better lock them up, 'cause he'd swipe one or two if I left them out!

I'll see if I can't talk to my friend at Freescale (from back when I worked for the big M) about helping you out. It's not likely, but who knows.

-dave
By jayjay
Hello Guys

Do any of you have the MMA7260Q part as Eagle CAD library?

Thanks
Jay
By dpaton
I do, but it's at home.

It only took me about 10 minutes to build the part. It might be a good learning experience if you haven't built a library before. I love the editor, but end up creating a whole lot of parts for myself, due to the rather skimpy library support. It's really quite easy, and a skill I strongly suggest for anyone using Eagle regularly.

-dave
By jayjay
Hello Dave

I usually create the parts myself when its not available, usually for the footprints I copy from standard library and just create the symbol. Even then I try to print the pads onto a paper and align it with the SMT component just to make sure it fits alright. With QFN, I dont think I can verify it this way. I am gonna attempt to make the pads and such, but I would appriciate if you could share yours so that I can fall back onto something working in case mine fails.

You could mail it to hc08jb8 at yahoo dot com

Thank you
Jay
By dpaton
I'll post it here next week when I get my PC up and running again.

-dave
By leon_heller
sparky wrote:If anyone has sensors for sale, we need em! Freescale just bumped the delivery date to August 1st with another bump possible because of 'wafer fabrication problems'. That's a big uh-oh.

We're almost out of sensors. I knew I should have bought a bigger inital batch! But I thought the 800 would be around for atleast a couple days... Damn.

-Nathan
I've just ordered all the 45 pieces Avnet UK had in stock. I should get them next week, the payment into their bank account will take a few days.

Leon
By dpaton
Jay-

Here's the library file:
http://www.dpaton.net/Freescale_3d.lbr
It's got some RAM chip footprints in it as well, but the main thing you want is present and verified.

Nathan, I wasn't able to sweet talk my friend into allocating any chips, and getting samples is now harder than sourcing blood from a stone, or so I've heard. The rumor mill says the OEM orders will be filled at the end of the summer, and availability will ease after that.

-dave
By jayjay
Thank you Dave.

I did create a part based on another footprint from a Linear Tech librray, somehow it is too accurate, so I will use yours for now. :-)

I am intending to use the 3-axis accelerometer along with a low pwr MSP430, will post when its done.

Cheers
Jay
By sparky
Thanks guys. We don't need to buy one or two, we need like 500. I'd really like to get the people that bought the 800.

I called Avnet and they had no idea how to get ahold of Avnet UK or how to check their stock. How silly is that...

Hey Leon, if you want give up a few, please email me spark @ sparkfun.com. Our customers would really like to get ahold of the breakout boards this month, but we can always hope that the stock will come back online in August.

-Nathan
By leon_heller
sparky wrote:Thanks guys. We don't need to buy one or two, we need like 500. I'd really like to get the people that bought the 800.

I called Avnet and they had no idea how to get ahold of Avnet UK or how to check their stock. How silly is that...

Hey Leon, if you want give up a few, please email me spark @ sparkfun.com. Our customers would really like to get ahold of the breakout boards this month, but we can always hope that the stock will come back online in August.

-Nathan
I'll let you know when I get them. I only need a few for my prototypes, and won't be going into production for a couple of months at least. I've taken Avnet UK's entire stock of 45.

Leon
By jayjay
Hello

I have been getting pretty decent support from Avnet singapore, if you want I could check if they have any left or check on the lead time.

Regds
Jay
By sparky
But of course! Thanks Jay! Please let me know.

I would have hoped the avnet people would *find* stock for me. They were clueless. Please let me know if anyone turns up stock.

Heard a rumor the delivery date got bumped to Aug 31st. :cry:

-Nathan
By NleahciM
Interesting - I just got an e-mail from Freescale saying my MMA7260Q chips have shipped! I guess they got their production problems fixed?
By BigJP
mine too