SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

By Vfun
I'm used to female connectors for anything that may be powered - its tougher to accidentally put one's fingers (or whatever) across the contacts and get electrocuted. This is true with house wiring and extension cords. It seems true with my limited car/12 volt experience.

My world view has been cast asunder by LED controllers which commonly have powered (albeit 12 volt or less) MALE plugs leading to the LED strips.

Is there any rationale (aside from convention) for this?

Sometimes I want to rewire things to fit my mindset, and then sometimes I want to be pragmatic and not recreate all those connectors.

Hmmm. How do you all resolve this dilemma?!