SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

By normanmedi
I have a problem with the schematic transfer to pcb in Altium designer software. In some computers, when I want to go from the schematic of a design to its pcb design, it doesn't work, i.e., the windows gets white and nothing appears on the Altium windows. This problem appears on some computers and it seems there is a compatibility issue with the computer's graphic part.Has anyone any information on this issue? For example, in MATLAB, there is an script that when you run it, the openGL graphic card compatibility is resolved. Can any one suggest me on how to resolve the issue? I appreciate your guidance.
Norman
By Ross Robotics
This could be caused by a number of reasons. Since you haven't given details, it's hard to even guess as to the issue. Sounds like a compatibility issue. Your best bet is to contact Altium support and give them all the details of your system as well as any errors.
By normanmedi
Dear Ross
Hello and thank you for your reply. I am currently using a Dell Optiplex 360 desktop computer with a windows 8.1 system on it, and I doubt if there is a compatibility issue of Altium with the graphic card or the DirectX version of the computer. As I have checked, Altium works on any Dell inspiron or vostro notebooks, but the same Altium version doesn't work on my desktop computer. Do you know if the software needs any special graphic card (like Open GEL or any other.)? I will also try to go to the Altium support center as you recommended, and I already appreciate you for you reply. Please in case you have any reply do not hesitate to contact me on my Skype.
Regards
Norman
SkypeID: normanmedi