3D printed puzzle of China!

A place to hang out and chat with other like minded tinkerers

Moderator: phalanx

Post Reply
wenganxiang
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

3D printed puzzle of China!

Post by wenganxiang » Tue Feb 17, 2015 1:45 am

I download some stl files of Chinese map and use my Geeetech 3D printer to print them. Here are the pictures. I could have printed a lager one, but I wanted to look how accurate the printer is first. Looks great! Next time I will print a colorful puzzle! What's your opinion?
QQ截图20150217164046.png
QQ截图20150217164017.png

User avatar
Ross Robotics
Support Volunteer
Posts: 2007
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:33 pm
Contact:

Re: 3D printed puzzle of China!

Post by Ross Robotics » Tue Feb 17, 2015 7:34 am

My advice is to find a 3D printing forum that will congratulate you on your prints.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//codlink
Available for circuit and PCB design, just PM me!

fireworksfun
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:13 am

Re: 3D printed puzzle of China!

Post by fireworksfun » Mon Mar 02, 2015 5:51 pm

It's delicate and fun! Maybe i can also make toys with a 3D printer, where did you get your printer?

wenganxiang
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: 3D printed puzzle of China!

Post by wenganxiang » Mon Mar 02, 2015 11:51 pm

fireworksfun wrote:It's delicate and fun! Maybe i can also make toys with a 3D printer, where did you get your printer?
Here is the link:http://www.geeetech.com/acrylic-geeetec ... p-884.html

fireworksfun
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:13 am

Re: 3D printed puzzle of China!

Post by fireworksfun » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:46 pm

wenganxiang wrote:
fireworksfun wrote:It's delicate and fun! Maybe i can also make toys with a 3D printer, where did you get your printer?
Here is the link:http://www.geeetech.com/acrylic-geeetec ... p-884.html
How long have you used it?

wenganxiang
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: 3D printed puzzle of China!

Post by wenganxiang » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:44 am

fireworksfun wrote:
wenganxiang wrote:
fireworksfun wrote:It's delicate and fun! Maybe i can also make toys with a 3D printer, where did you get your printer?
Here is the link:http://www.geeetech.com/acrylic-geeetec ... p-884.html
How long have you used it?
Not more than 2 months.

wenganxiang
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: 3D printed puzzle of China!

Post by wenganxiang » Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:46 am

codlink wrote:My advice is to find a 3D printing forum that will congratulate you on your prints.
Oh, I am sorry. I thought this board permits people share anything electronic here. But this printer's mainboard is also based on Arduino.

User avatar
Ross Robotics
Support Volunteer
Posts: 2007
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:33 pm
Contact:

Re: 3D printed puzzle of China!

Post by Ross Robotics » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:18 am

There's no rule here about sharing anything. But I bet if you were on a dedicated 3D printer forum, you would have lots of replies. In this post, you are sharing a plastic model, not anything about the printer..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//codlink
Available for circuit and PCB design, just PM me!

fireworksfun
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:13 am

Re: 3D printed puzzle of China!

Post by fireworksfun » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:42 pm

Is it hard to assemble? Is there anything wrong when you are using ?

wenganxiang
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: 3D printed puzzle of China!

Post by wenganxiang » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:49 pm

codlink wrote:There's no rule here about sharing anything. But I bet if you were on a dedicated 3D printer forum, you would have lots of replies. In this post, you are sharing a plastic model, not anything about the printer..
Sorry, I won't do it again.

wenganxiang
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: 3D printed puzzle of China!

Post by wenganxiang » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:53 pm

fireworksfun wrote:Is it hard to assemble? Is there anything wrong when you are using ?
Actually, it's not so hard to assemble. The building instruction says it will take about 3days, excluding wiring. But I spent only a few hours. The most time-consuming is to debug it.
So far , I haven't met something about the printer that worth complaining. But I have to spend some time to set the printer in Repetier.

fireworksfun
Posts: 7
Joined: Wed Feb 11, 2015 2:13 am

Re: 3D printed puzzle of China!

Post by fireworksfun » Thu Mar 05, 2015 8:28 pm

What is its printing volume?

Post Reply