Cool, I bought my first 3D printer^_^

A place to hang out and chat with other like minded tinkerers

Moderator: phalanx

Post Reply
wenganxiang
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Cool, I bought my first 3D printer^_^

Post by wenganxiang » Sun Feb 08, 2015 7:19 pm

Until now , I can't stop being excited! Having secleted many brands of 3D printer, I finally bought a Geeetech 3D printer. I can't help waiting for printing my first model! The seller told me that its mainboard is also desiged based on Arduino. Maybe this is a good way for me to know more about Arduino. Does any one have a website where i can download some simple model (.stl file )to print?
I can't upload my own picture here, so you can only visit their webiste to know more instruction.
http://www.geeetech.com/acrylic-geeetec ... p-884.html
http://www.geeetech.com/wiki/index.php/ ... _Mendel_I3

I don't mind you share your using experience about 3D printers . :D

Mee_n_Mac
Support Volunteer
Posts: 5628
Joined: Thu Apr 28, 2011 4:10 pm

Re: Cool, I bought my first 3D printer^_^

Post by Mee_n_Mac » Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:29 pm

I'll be curious to hear how it easy/hard it was to setup and get working and the quality of the prints.

User avatar
Ross Robotics
Support Volunteer
Posts: 2007
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Cool, I bought my first 3D printer^_^

Post by Ross Robotics » Tue Feb 10, 2015 8:30 am

Only $299?? I would be skeptical about the quality of the printer and the quality of prints it does.. Most of the time I adhere to the old saying, "You get what you pay for."

I have a Makerbot Replicator that is alittle over 3 years old and still printing fine. The printer should come with example stl files to print, most printers do anyway.. But there are a umber of sites where you can download models for free. https://www.youmagine.com/ http://3dx-us.com/models and Thingiverse.com.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//codlink
Available for circuit and PCB design, just PM me!

wenganxiang
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: Cool, I bought my first 3D printer^_^

Post by wenganxiang » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:33 pm

Mee_n_Mac wrote:I'll be curious to hear how it easy/hard it was to setup and get working and the quality of the prints.
Setup is not so difficult. For me, a machenical idiot, I spent about 3 hour on assembling it. The firmware has been burned before they sell.
I downloaded a stl files randomly from Internet and the printed model looks good and it's so firm because I tried my best to break it but it's still what it looks like. There is really no shortage to mention.

wenganxiang
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: Cool, I bought my first 3D printer^_^

Post by wenganxiang » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:43 pm

Mee_n_Mac wrote:I'll be curious to hear how it easy/hard it was to setup and get working and the quality of the prints.
You can see my first printed model at this page: https://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=40409

wenganxiang
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: Cool, I bought my first 3D printer^_^

Post by wenganxiang » Sun Feb 15, 2015 7:45 pm

codlink wrote:Only $299?? I would be skeptical about the quality of the printer and the quality of prints it does.. Most of the time I adhere to the old saying, "You get what you pay for."

I have a Makerbot Replicator that is alittle over 3 years old and still printing fine. The printer should come with example stl files to print, most printers do anyway.. But there are a umber of sites where you can download models for free. https://www.youmagine.com/ http://3dx-us.com/models and Thingiverse.com.

Facts speak louder than words. You can go to this page to see my printed model: https://forum.sparkfun.com/viewtopic.php?f=49&t=40409

User avatar
Ross Robotics
Support Volunteer
Posts: 2007
Joined: Thu Jun 07, 2012 9:33 pm
Contact:

Re: Cool, I bought my first 3D printer^_^

Post by Ross Robotics » Sun Feb 15, 2015 9:07 pm

I must admit it's pretty good considering the price.. But it's still far from the quality mine puts out. I bet if you tune it a little further, you would have a good setup.

I'm not sure why you had to start a new thread that's on the same topic as this thread..
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
//codlink
Available for circuit and PCB design, just PM me!

wenganxiang
Posts: 21
Joined: Sun Feb 01, 2015 6:00 pm

Re: Cool, I bought my first 3D printer^_^

Post by wenganxiang » Sun Feb 15, 2015 11:51 pm

codlink wrote:I must admit it's pretty good considering the price.. But it's still far from the quality mine puts out. I bet if you tune it a little further, you would have a good setup.

I'm not sure why you had to start a new thread that's on the same topic as this thread..
Do you mean "my first 3d printed model"? The reason I started that thread is just to share my first printing experience.I thought I'd better start another thread. That's it.

Post Reply