SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

By Valen
If I may be blunt.

STOP putting yourself down this way. Talking like that (with negative absolutes) you are seeding more thoughts in yourself that will become self-fulfilling prophesies. You fail at something because you can't see it any other way. Thinking negative makes you act negative, which in turn makes you feel negative. And that gives all the reasons to think negative again. It truly is a vicious circle. Please, take some time and read through your posts in this thread again, to reflect on it.

Honestly, been there, done that, ... still doing it, but less. (Yes, I'm being a hypocrite now. It seems work for me as a self-healing method. Inducing an honest look at myself) No matter where you work, or precisely what you do for an occupation, this is unhealthy. It kills creativity! Surely you have good qualities also. Even if they are hard to come up with right now. They might be hidden under a thick dark blanket because you seem to have made this thinking into a long standing habit. So it will take some time, energy and effort (tears even) to become aware of those. Maybe it also needs professional counselling to get there. A job counsellor, psychologist or maybe even psychiatrist. At least talk about this with your doctor. I sure did need them about 12 years ago. It took a while, but I'm starting to see the benefits now of why my brain is wired as it is, right next to the drawbacks I have with it. Once you start to appreciate the good and the bad about yourself the thinking machine kicks in again and creativity will come back again. No doubt about it.
By omega supreme
If I build circuits in a electronics lab kit, just following the breadboard instruction without really knowing what's going on, will I eventually learn through osmosis?

Or am I better off just reading and studying electronics books?
By skimask
You're still talking...

You ain't learning...

Or being "creative"...
By omega supreme
Are science fiction writers design engineers. Even though they don't have technical knowledge, don't the ones that have the ideas get the credit?
By skimask
Are you STILL talking?

'cause if you are, you still ain't learning...

and you sure as hell still ain't being creative...
By Ross Robotics
This really sounds like trolling to me.. Just don't reply anymore, I'm not..

At the bottom, there is a link "Unsubscribe topic."
By Mee_n_Mac
codlink wrote:This really sounds like trolling to me.. Just don't reply anymore, I'm not..
That was my thought awhile ago.

I dislike saying it (troll) but nobody goes online to say what the OP has said over the course of this thread to nobody he/she knows.
By omega supreme
What's the most efficient way to learn, understand, digest, master and memorize a ton of specs, old and new. Should I be focusing more on the white papers, user experience specs, requirements, or test procedures.
By skimask
Osmosis.
Put all of your technical data under your pillow after Mommy tucks you into bed for the night.
The information, the magic, everything, will filter through the pillow and into your brain.
Make sure to use a thick pillow though. You don't want to go to bed stupid and wake up smart.
That would be the last thing you'd want. It obviously hasn't happened yet.
By omega supreme
Will playing chess make me more creative, and one of the hottest engineers in the country?
By omega supreme
When I was growing up I admired Spock and Scotty from Star Trek, Batman, Man-At-Arms in the He-man 80's cartoon. I also like the guy in the van helping out The Punisher when he guest-starred in the 90's Spider-Man cartoon. I also liked Peter Parker in that cartoon because he was a math wiz. Can these character be sources of inspiration that drive and motivate creativity in me?