SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

By dprmit
So I am a total novice (thats putting it lightly) and need a ton of help translating a schematic for a bass amplifier I am building. I can handle the soldering but I can't figure out all the parts I need. If I were to upload or email one of you a schematic could you please provide me a "shopping list" for all caps, resistors, transformers, tubes, etc? Any and all help is immensely appreciated.
By Mee_n_Mac
dprmit wrote:So I am a total novice (thats putting it lightly) and need a ton of help translating a schematic for a bass amplifier I am building. I can handle the soldering but I can't figure out all the parts I need. If I were to upload or email one of you a schematic could you please provide me a "shopping list" for all caps, resistors, transformers, tubes, etc? Any and all help is immensely appreciated.
I don't know about a list of "all" components but if you post a pic or PDF of the schematic, you'll get some help. Perhaps, though, in the Projects forum.
By AdrianJones
If the schematic is in the original ECAD format *.sch & you have the ECAD software, you could use the software to generate a bill of materiels. However, most times, you'd need to choose the voltages & wattages for the capacitors & resistors as they don't always specify this in the schematic. For example, a capacitor may be listed a 0.1uF, but you'd need to know what is the working voltage to select the correct one. Also, the case size for the components isn't always shown either so you need to choose one.

Hope this helps.