SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General MicroView Support area - You have questions, find your answers here.

Moderators: marcus@geekammo, Help@GeekAmmo

By sparrow
How i can connect Microview to Wyliodrin STUDIO?

If i connect it via USB to Raspberry and run Wyliodrin STUDIO then small LCD display shows tutorials etc, but i can't figure out what i should choose/do after i click Connect in Wyliodrin STUDIO.
By scotta
According to all the information I've found, Wyliodrin only supports the Arduino Yun. Since the Microview is based on the Arduino Uno there probably isn't any direct support for it.
By sparrow
scotta wrote:According to all the information I've found, Wyliodrin only supports the Arduino Yun. Since the Microview is based on the Arduino Uno there probably isn't any direct support for it.
In "Getting Started Guide for Raspberry Pi and Arduino using Wyliodrin" book they use Arduino Uno pictures.

Isn't Uno and Yun similar and have similar pins?
By scotta
That guide explains how to control an Arduino Uno connected to a Raspberry Pi. The Pi is then controlled by Wyliodrin.

If this is what you want to do, then you just have to follow the guide but use your MicroView in place of the Arduino Uno. You will need to load the Arduino.ino file into your MicroView, as instructed on page 80 of the guide. Then, with the MicroView connected to the Raspberry Pi using a USB cable, you should then be able to control the pins of the MicroView using Wyliodrin.

I'm assuming you have a MicroView Programmer or some other USB to serial device for programming your MicroView. This is what you use to connect your MicroView to the Raspberry Pi.

Controlling the MicroView's OLED display using Wyliodrin will be more complicated. A custom sketch for the MicroView will be needed that uses the MicroView library and the Firmata library so that Firmata commands can manipulate the display.