Looks like your FTDI driver for XP is corrupted or bad. (Assuming that your other USB devices work for this XP system)
0) With MicroView USB programmer plugged into the XP's USB port
1) Try the CDM Uninstaller 1.4 - Windows Device Driver Uninstaller from here
2) Extract and run the GUI app.
3) Enter 0403 at Vendor ID field and 6015 at Product ID field, click add, then Remove Devices.
4) Unplug the MicroView USB programmer.
5) Download the latest driver from http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/CDM/CDM ... tified.exe
6) Install driver and then plug in the MicroView USB programm to the USB port.
Hope this helps