SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General MicroView Support area - You have questions, find your answers here.

Moderators: marcus@geekammo, Help@GeekAmmo

By basuke
Hi I got MicroView and Factory USB Programmer today. I am very exciting.

So I started plugging MicroView to my MacBook's USB port and the demo worked fine. After I finished interactive tutorial, I started to setup the Arduino IDE 1.0.5. I installed libraries and opened examples/MicroView/MicroViewCube.ino. But when I tried to upload to the device, it failed. Here is the detail logs. I chose "Arduino UNO" and right USB port.
Code: Select all
Binary sketch size: 12,118 bytes (of a 32,256 byte maximum)
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/bin/avrdude -C/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf -v -v -v -v -patmega328p -carduino -P/dev/cu.usbserial-DA00UJAY -b115200 -D -Uflash:w:/var/folders/f1/m5gjmf7576b8cbftzgl_w3fc0000gn/T/build5186763942358762358.tmp/MicroViewCube.cpp.hex:i 

avrdude: Version 5.11, compiled on Sep  2 2011 at 18:52:52
         Copyright (c) 2000-2005 Brian Dean, http://www.bdmicro.com/
         Copyright (c) 2007-2009 Joerg Wunsch

System wide configuration file is "/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/tools/avr/etc/avrdude.conf"
         User configuration file is "/Users/basuke/.avrduderc"
         User configuration file does not exist or is not a regular file, skipping

Using Port                    : /dev/cu.usbserial-DA00UJAY
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 115200
avrdude: Send: 0 [30]   [20] 
avrdude: ser_recv(): programmer is not responding
avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding

avrdude done.  Thank you.
When I hit the upload button, MicroView got reset to the initial screen(Sparkfun's logo), and orange LED on the programmer flushes three times, then failed.

What's wrong with this?