SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General MicroView Support area - You have questions, find your answers here.

Moderators: marcus@geekammo, Help@GeekAmmo

By tcabeen
I got my uView today, and am excited to begin loading programs to it. I don't want to delete the original program and not be able to reload it, however. Where can I find the default sketch it ships with?

I loaded the examples into my Adruino library, but don't see any likely candidates in there.

Thanks for any help you can provide.
By scotta
Actually, the pre-loaded demo might not be exactly the same as what you'll get if you install the current MicroViewDemo sketch, depending on what versions of the demo and library were pre-loaded. I corrected a bug that caused the "3" on the clock face to be in the wrong position. The current version has this fix.

Also, if you use the current MicroView library, the demo may run noticeably faster than the pre-loaded one, due to the speed improvements that I've made in the library.

Yes, you're welcome to point out that I'm just being picky. The re-loaded MicroViewDemo will be virtually the same as the original, but you might notice the difference if running the two side by side. :wink:
By tcabeen
scotta wrote:Yes, you're welcome to point out that I'm just being picky. The re-loaded MicroViewDemo will be virtually the same as the original, but you might notice the difference if running the two side by side. :wink:
Picky is my favorite! Thank you both for enlightening me!