[phpBB Debug] PHP Warning: in file /mnt/forum-shared/ext/sitesplat/BBCore/event/listener.php on line 70: in_array() expects parameter 2 to be array, boolean given
cache problems - SparkFun Electronics

SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

Everything pertaining to the data.sparkfun.com service, the phant project which powers it, and user projects which talk to the service.
By RichardE
Started playing around with data.sparkfun.com and it is almost working. I am writing some client side code in Typescript/JavaScript for execution on my Windows 7 PC (initially) and can successfully fetch data from my stream using this program. It uses XMLHttpRequest to send get requests to the appropriate address. The problem is, when I run this code in Internet Explorer 11 the data it fetches is always out of date. I've tried refreshing the page using F5 and also Ctrl+F5 but his has no effect. I suspect that it isn't refreshing the correct page. i.e. It isn't the page with my code on that needs to be refreshed - it is the Sparkfun stream. The only thing that fixes it is deleting cookies and website data (Safety menu - Delete browsing history .. - tick some boxes and click "Delete"). However, if I monitor the same stream from Sparkfun's page (https://data.sparkfun.com/streams/...) then it always gets the latest data simply by refreshing the page using F5.

So what's the trick to getting the latest un-cached data?

Any help appreciated.