SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By tim.tyler
I have Sparkfun Lithium Ion Battery - 850mAh. I use them to power Microbits. However, they supply power for a short time then shut down. If I unplug the USB cable and replug it in it works for a another short time. Any answers out there? Tim
By jremington
How are you charging the battery?
By tim.tyler
I have a USB cable connection to a 12 port battery charger. The batteries' LED read out indicates that there is plenty of charge.
By jremington
Sorry, neither of your posts contains useful information. If you want help, you will have to provide links to all the devices you are using and post a circuit diagram.

Evidently, the battery is not being charged.
By BLH
Did you see the charging warning on the batteries sales page. It requires a charger specially made for that type of battery.

"These batteries require special charging. Do not attempt to charge these with anything but a specialized LiPo charger."

I suspect its protective circuit is not allowing your 5 volt USB charger to charge it properly.
By BLH
Exactly what are you using to charge the battery?
Sparkfun does have a few charging boards listed on their sales site.
By chance are you using one of their USB to Lithium Battery charging boards? What it the part number if you are using one?