SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By jobobt
I am modifying a load cell for a crane and I need wireless communication back to a laptop for recording the weight from OpenScale.

I have tried making it wireless by connecting the OpenScale serial out to a Xbee Explorer Serial board with a XBee Pro S1. I have a matching XBee Pro S1 module on a Xbee Explorer USB board connected to my laptop.

Openscale works correctly when connected directly to PC using USB cable. I have also verified communication through Xbee modules by sending serial communications from 1 PC to another. However when I disconnect the Openscale USB port and connect it to the Xbee serial board I get bad data. It is communicating, but the data is gibberish. It looks like maybe wrong baud rate setting, but I have verified and re-verified this setting. I have also tried other baud rates without success.

I am looking for any help on making this hardware configuration work or suggestions on different wireless communication hardware for the OpenScale.
By jobobt
Problem solved. I quit trying to make the xbees that I had on hand work and instead ordered the bluetooth mate gold for communication. Everything works great now.
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]