SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By hazan2018
A very, very noob question. I'm new to this kind of circuit projects. I might not use the proper terms, so I apologize in advance.
The question is... Is it possible to control PIC16F877A using ESP8266?
The project is a vending machine. So how it works, the user orders from an UI.
By tapping the "BUY" button, it sends the information to a database.
Is it possible to give signal or whatever to ESP8266 to get data from database to get the data that recently added then base on that data send something to PIC to move the motors?
It is possible?
If yes, can you guide me by giving me tutorial can be video or article to make this possible?
If no, how can I make it possible?

Sorry I don't know if I'm in a right forum...
By teprojects1
Hi,

Yes it is quite possible, but first of all you need to read some basic stuff.Its not possible to control PIC16F877a using ESP8266, instead you control ESP with PIC Microcontroller. Have a look at this tutorial Introduction to PIC16F877a, you will get some basics. And yes you can quite easily control your motors via wifi with this chip.

Thanks.
By hazan2018
teprojects1 wrote: Tue May 08, 2018 7:24 pm Hi,

Yes it is quite possible, but first of all you need to read some basic stuff.Its not possible to control PIC16F877a using ESP8266, instead you control ESP with PIC Microcontroller. Have a look at this tutorial Introduction to PIC16F877a, you will get some basics. And yes you can quite easily control your motors via wifi with this chip.

Thanks.
Oh I see.. You see I'm just a programmer by these guys. They are the one who setups this project.
So you're telling me I just need to program ESP? I have experience with programming ESP but along with arduino not with PIC microcontroller.
By the way, thanks for the tutorial link. :)
By teprojects1
Yeah you need to select some compiler, you can read these Top 3 PIC C Compilers and can select yours. Personally I like MikroC Pro For PIC. It has builtin libraries which are quite helpful.

Moreover, you will also need some programmer or burner like PicKit3. Arduino boards has it in them but for PIC you need to buy separately.