SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By matchstick47
I want to incorporate a bunch of different sized LEDs to switch on/off at different times using an IR remote in a project. I wanted to use my existing Logitech "All-in-One" but getting it to talk to the project IR Receiver could be an issue. May end up having to use something like the Sparkfun 13235 IR Control Kit, or the DFRobot IR transmitter/receiver standalones for Arduino.
The original project/schematic used an ATMega328P, powered by a DC-DC Converter and IR Receiver. I have never done any coding/programming before, but I am very DIY capable. I have no hardware at this time. I understand the need for an Arduino(Uno R3?) to run the program. Can I use the R3s' ATMega once it's programmed, or does it need to transfer the data to a separate ATMega in the project? Or in the end just use a Pro Mini instead?
I'm sure there will be more questions in both directions.
Cheers
Tony
By teprojects1
Hi,

Its not that difficult to design this project. I would suggest you to first design your project on Arduino UNO. Test your IR remote and other modules and once you confirmed that everything's working perfectly then you can switch to Arduino Pro Mini or can also design basic circuit of Atmega328 and then use it alone.

Thanks.