SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By spidey
Hi,

I have very basic knowledge of electronic components and tinker in an attempt to learn more.

I have a simple Solar Panel Light kit. 18V 10W Solar input, 12V7Ah Battery output to a couple of LED lights, USB output for charging.

I tested the battery voltage as 12V

When connecting the battery to the board I test 12V where it should be, I tested all diodes and I picked up a possible issue with one.

When a test with a multimeter in diode mode, negative probe on the striped side of the diode and positive on the blank side I get a reading of 165,
if I reverse the probes I get a reading of 913, where it should be none. I removed the diode from the board and tested it and the diode test correctly.

When placing the probes on the pads on the board in the correct layout I get a reading of 781 and reversing the probes 913.

I am not sure what to make of the data I am getting.

All diode testing was done with power disconnected.

Please, some advise would be highly appreciated.

Kind Regard

Spidey
By paulvha
In circuit testing of components is always a challenge as other components can have a high influence. Do you have schematic and what is the issue you try to solve? maybe we can give some advice
Paul
long long title how many chars? lets see 123 ok more? yes 60

We have created lots of YouTube videos just so you can achieve [...]

Another post test yes yes yes or no, maybe ni? :-/

The best flat phpBB theme around. Period. Fine craftmanship and [...]

Do you need a super MOD? Well here it is. chew on this

All you need is right here. Content tag, SEO, listing, Pizza and spaghetti [...]

Lasagna on me this time ok? I got plenty of cash

this should be fantastic. but what about links,images, bbcodes etc etc? [...]