SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By alphaFive
I am looking into a project for work, I am wanting to build a PA system for emergency information to our building ( Tornado Warning not fire alarm.) we have 2 floors and a warehouse. I was thinking about 1 RP3 to output to an amp connected to speakers however the distance is going to be an issue. Trying to wrap my head around multiple RP3 connected to one for a control panel. I am looking for the control panel to be stupid simple ( one big button ...Push to play the alert and loop till button is pulled, kinda like an e-stop button ) If any one can give me some direction on this I would greatly appreciate it!
I have seen some showing multi room music players and I think that is close to what I need, just need the main controller to be simple

Thanks in advance!
By lyndon
Is there an existing PA system or does that have to be built? If you need to build out the PA system, that's probably the bigger issue and I'd recommend purchasing something off the shelf. Then the rpi audio can be fed into an AUX input.

Are you looking for help or for someone to build this for you?
I built a Raspberry Pi audio player for a display that was triggered by a pushbutton. It would be trivial to add a repeat feature.
By lyndon
Apparently I can't edit my post, so I'll reply to myself :-(
I think you can do this with the MP3 Trigger instead of the Pi. Might be easier too.