SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By itolond
Hi Forum,

after some feedback before i dive deeper, Scenario:
I have standard 12v system running 3 carling switches (on/off), at the other end i have 2 x 10W RGB LED with 1 picobuck connected per inputs (e.g. 3 total per led)
From previous discussions best practice is to use MOFSET's to control the 12v to the LEDS from an arduino board)

The LED output required will be White (on), Amber strobe both and Blue alternate strobe. This will be based on the input from the Carling switches with n Bias to white (e.g.if 12v signal is detected on white then always white, next bias to amber strobe then lastly blue strobe), the logic here is any or all of the carling switches maybe turned on providing a 12v signal to the controller inputs (no intensity change only colours)

Any thoughts, red flags or guides?
By markaren1
Can you put up a schematic of your ideas please, the description is ambiguous (at least to me).

Also, why not control brightness directly using PWM, it looks like the AL8805 (on the picobuck) could accept a 3V3 control signal directly from an Arduino...

-Mark