SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By CaptainAwesome
Hey All,

Im new to this, and by this i mean forums and "electronics"
Im looking for a DIY kit to do EL Wire Hat: Sequenced and Sound Activated With Remote Control - Powered by Arduino and and an el sequencer. See i know some of the things i need, and i know ill be able to find the code somewhere on the net. Im looking for instructions and kit that i can work with and play until i know more specific things.

The problem is i dont know what i dont know and therefore often miss the right questions to ask.
My project as mentioned is:

EL Wire Hat: Sequenced and Sound Activated With Remote Control
I want it to be sound activated
I want it to have a wireless remote for different sequences
I want to be able to sequence the el wire to do different things when selected a preset configuration and or sound
im looking for a small installation so requirements are to use small components such as the small version of arduino - think its called the uno

Could someone please point me in the right direction or at least list the parts i could order and then fiddle with to get going. do i need clips to extend, what clips? wire, size / gage etc?

Appreciate any advice, thanks in advance and looking forward to seeing this pan out
thanks guys
Dan