SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By stone
I cannot find a data sheet for the TX18 automotive temp sensor.

This is a Standard Motor Products TX18 Temperature Sensor.

I think it's a coolant sensor. I think it's a thermistor.
This thing is sold everywhere, but I haven't yet clicked or searched on the right thing.

I'd like know the temp range, the thread size, if it is neg or pos, the connector info,
and if it is actually a thermistor.
Thanks.

I know about google. I know about youtube.

TX18.jpg
When are they going to start putting the data sheet on the thing?
None of the corporate elites have the stones to imagine that this might increase sales for an extra penny.
Not to mention do away with the library staff. Whatever.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By DanV
Here's a datasheet for a TX3 (not a TX-18 - couldn't find much on the TX18):
http://pe-ltd.com/assets/coolant_temp.pdf

So, this being an automotive part, full specs are generally not listed anywhere.
Brake shoes available as a replacement for my 2003 Matrix don't list the radius, etc.
You just get a replacement part number. They have no thought of increasing sales. What are the chances that they'll sell 100,000 of these to hobbyists?
By Anthony Fremont
A pot of ice water and a pot if boiling water would get you data points to chart. After that, a thermometer in the water as it cools down would get you some more. Nothing beats reverse engineering when your after the truth. ;)

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk