SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By carl7r7gibson
I am a complete newbie in the field of electronics. I have developed an exercise device that I am ready to prototype, and to which I wish to connect an LCD display powered by a photocell. A full bridge strain gauge will be attached directly to a part in this device which will flex when in use. I need to take the signal that is generated and transform it into a calibrated digital output displayed on a 4 digit, segmented, LCD display. The force being exerted, in a range from 50 pounds to 250 pounds, needs to be accurately displayed. Eventually, I would like to make the unit switchable to display in kilograms and Newtons also.
Being as green as I am, I would appreciate any information anyone would be willing to share on what components I need between the strain gauge and the LCD display. I was looking at the PIC16LF19155 Specs, and, to my barely comprehending eye, it looks like it might be a suitable MCU. Any recommendations you have would be much appreciated.
Regards,
Carl
By Kinvert
I have a new account so I don't know if I can post links yet. However Googling this I quickly found some answers and YouTube videos.

When I know I can post links I'll try to get back to you.