SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By DanV
What's there to collaborate on ?
- most all the work is already done on the instructable ...
By COhio
Hello Dan V,
Thank you for your reply. I should have been more specific. I don't really understand the function of the circuit as it relates to electron or conventional flow. What I want to do is understand the flow of the circuit and draw it using Mouser's MultiSim Blue.

The link below is screen shot of where I hit a wall. To an experienced electronics buff this may look simple, but relatively speaking I'm just above a novice.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B8eXOp ... sp=sharing

Thanks again,
By DanV
Well, first off, your S1 should be shown open - you push the switch, making continuity and the relatively direct connection of +12 (thru D2) and the relay coil energized the relay. when you release the switch, D2 provides enough current to hold the relay on. He describes this as a protection circuit.
Meanwhile, the relay contacts (the part you have not completed - K1 and beyond) close and provide power to the logic probe section of the circuit. Top of K1 contacts goes to +12VDC in case you haven't figured that out.

Have you read the comments on the Instructables page? Some important questions are answered there.

I know nothing of the MultiSim and will likely not download and sign up for newsletters, etc.
You can complete the circuit in MultiSim and play around with whatever electron flow you like, though,