SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By Huntn4meat
HAPPY SAINT PATTY'S DAY! Another new guy question. I purchsed a "SparkFun" servo trigger from you guys thinking it would solve my issue. I am building a lisence plate hinged assembly. Started with a door lock solenoid, but that needed to stay energized to be in the up-right position. I changed the design and went with a servo motor. The problem is that under power it goes up (90 degrees, actually 76.36 degrees) when button is depressed, but comes right back down. I need it to go up (first button contact) and stay up until second button contact, back down. It will be in the up postion the majority of the time (Down only for toll bridges and the police). I have interupted the power source and it stays up, but this is very inconsistain, I have to watch and this doesn't work well when driving. Any ideas or changes in circuitry would be apperciated. Please see attached pictures.

Thank You
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By darrellg
You could just pay the toll instead of trying to be a freeloader. Most jurisdictions will penalize you much more severely for attempting to conceal your plate number like this, when you get caught.
By Huntn4meat
Read a little closer before you start calling people names. "(Down only for toll bridges and the police)". It's more for show at car shows, events, etc...