SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By teprojects1
I need someone who can help me to developed the code of arduino for the car brake system projects. In this when ultrasonic detector detects that any car is near to collided then the arduino will give signal to the brakes
By Garethmoffatt
This is quite a difficult project on a number of fronts, not least because brakes are mechanical and usually need hydraulic pressure to actuate. The reliability is also critical because not only could it fail to work when required it could fail so that the brakes didn't work when you out your foot on the pedal. Depending where you live, it is also questionable legally.

So while I must suggest that you do not attempt this, how about this alternative? connect your sensor so an audible alarm... You will then be able to experiment safely and explore some if the difficulties of the project without killing anybody. And it will be fun along the way!

Best regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
By teprojects1
lyndon wrote:Oh, let him play. What could possibly go wrong?
what you mean by this statement dear?
By teprojects1
Garethmoffatt wrote:This is quite a difficult project on a number of fronts, not least because brakes are mechanical and usually need hydraulic pressure to actuate. The reliability is also critical because not only could it fail to work when required it could fail so that the brakes didn't work when you out your foot on the pedal. Depending where you live, it is also questionable legally.

So while I must suggest that you do not attempt this, how about this alternative? connect your sensor so an audible alarm... You will then be able to experiment safely and explore some if the difficulties of the project without killing anybody. And it will be fun along the way!

Best regards

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
actually we are not going to tested on real car, we have an robotic remote control car and want to show the prototype in the university then we can control car if they gone wrong like if someone have drink and drive car suddenly some thing come near car sensor will get data for every direction then perform action.
By Valen
Helping drink and drive perpetrators to keep operating a car is a wrong idea! Preventing ignition in the first place based on alcohol sensors would be more ethical. Or send out a notice with GPS coordinates to local authorities via wireless methods would be safer. As it is still a dangerous idea if the car stops in the middle of traffic at high speed.
By rony albert
Valen wrote:Helping drink and drive perpetrators to keep operating a car is a wrong idea! Preventing ignition in the first place based on alcohol sensors would be more ethical. Or send out a notice with GPS coordinates to local authorities via wireless methods would be safer. As it is still a dangerous idea if the car stops in the middle of traffic at high speed.
You might be right but every body makes his own choice!
health care tip
subchorionichemorrhage
By Valen
rony albert wrote: You might be right but every body makes his own choice!
True, but the problem with that is that people tend to forget they have one, with consequences, when they are enabled.

{/steps off soapbox}