SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By lewis-astbury
Hi, I am pretty new to the world of edison and i have been given a project that uses the Intel Edison and Sparkfun 9DOF, this allowing me to measure from the gyroscope and the accelerometer. The edison is currently sat on the Sparkfun Base Block followed by the Sparkfun 9DOF Board, the last piece to my stack is the Sparkfun 3.7V Battery Block, which allows it to be powered remotely. Using the provided libraries from sparkfun, i can wirelessly connect to the edison using the IoT Eclipse C++ platform and send the given program. This program starts the 9DOF board and displays the values back in the terminal in eclipse.

So, my problem is now, how can i used this data to be displayed in LabVIEW, reading various threads and forums i have come across a few examples where LabVIEW uses TCP/IP protocols to be able to read and write data over a network. Is this possible to send the data (preferably in real-time) wirelessly from the edison to LabVIEW? Or from Eclipse C++ to LabVIEW?

At the minute im really kind of stuck, and this project is being pushed upon me to get completed, so any real help, examples or knowledge will me much appreciated

Thanks, Lewis.