SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By Richmund
I am using a Particle Photon which operates on 3.3V for my project.

In this system, any one of three different analog signals can come in from the same source at any time, and I have the ability to set those signal strengths (max of 3.3V). I also want this analog signal to trigger an interrupt. The easiest way of doing this is to keep even the weakest signal above 2V to always guarantee an interrupt. The issue is that a difference of half a volt between signals is not enough, there is overlap in the errors. In order to make sure there is no overlap, I have to space the signals out by 1V which means the weakest signal will not trigger an interrupt.

So I was hoping I could use a solid state relay to solve this issue. Feed a constant 3.3 DCV to the load (attached to the interrupt pin) while the control takes anything from 0.5-3.5 DCV (attached to the analog pin). However, no matter how much I search, I can't find such a relay.

Does this relay exist? If not, is there a different way of solving the problem at hand?

Thank you so much for any guidance.

Rich