SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By vdiallonort
Hello,

I start a project for research on vegetation index, my goal is to build a sensor to do NDVI measure and embedded it in a drone.So i use two Olympus A01 camera, each of them can only be connected with WIFI ( the camera is wifi-hotspot ) and there is a REST-API to send command.

I also have a RTK-GPS for precision positioning of each photography.

I started with arduino ( i have uno,mega 2560 and M0 pro and use the M0 pro with ESP8266) but i wondering if its the right way.

First problem is i need to photography to be shoot at the exact same time,so i can't do a connection to one wifi send all the command,disconnect then do the same for the other camera.Second things is i also need two http server to receive event from the cameras.

All these requirement together make me feel more about an RTOS capable board than my Arduino. But what i love with the arduino is there is a really big community,so i am looking for something that have more high level function available,without been an over-killer.

Although Raspberry pi will could be an option ( but its not RTOS) its really big and will not fit in the drone,i was wondering if STM32 could be an option ? but i don't know how is the community. Intel edisson seem to be interesting,but its still a new product so i don't know how mature is it.

I a Microsoft Database developer so i have good skill with C# and still good memory about c++ and c, so i am looking to develop in on these 3 language. I use to work with Ubuntu quite a bit years ago,so i am familiar with this distribution.

Which way do you think i should look at ?

Vincent