SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By biltong
In IC datasheets there are often tables like the following for two format selection pins on a chip, CODE 0 and CODE 1

CODE [1:0] FORMAT
00 Right Justified
01 Left Justified
10 Chip Reset
11 Gated BCLK

I am confused about how to read this
To get left justified output would I set CODE 0 = 0 and CODE 1 = 1? or the other way around?

Basically I'm confused by the way the numbers of the pins in the title of the table are written backwards, CODE[1:0] instead of CODE[0:1].
Is this significant? It seems to be this way in all the datasheets i'm looking at.

Thanks for any help
By davep238
biltong wrote:In IC datasheets there are often tables like the following for two format selection pins on a chip, CODE 0 and CODE 1

CODE [1:0] FORMAT
00 Right Justified
01 Left Justified
10 Chip Reset
11 Gated BCLK

I am confused about how to read this
To get left justified output would I set CODE 0 = 0 and CODE 1 = 1? or the other way around?

Basically I'm confused by the way the numbers of the pins in the title of the table are written backwards, CODE[1:0] instead of CODE[0:1].
Is this significant? It seems to be this way in all the datasheets i'm looking at.

Thanks for any help
IMHO, you want code [1] = 0 and code [0] = 1. In other words, code [1] is the msb and code [0] is the lsb. If it was code [2:0] then code [2] is the msb.