SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By macleod92
Hi,

So I will preface all of this with the fact that I am very new to all of this. I've messed around with simple circuits before but nothing PCB based. So while I am a fast learner just assume that I know nothing.

I am working on a project that involves hacking the iRig Pre to turn it into an XLR Pre-amp for a camera.

Part of that involves replacing the current built in off-on-on switch (I'm not actually sure what switch this is) with two separate SPST switches.

What I'm not sure on is what the eight contacts of the switch in there currently reference in order to install the two new switches.

The picture linked bellow shows the switch (top right hand corner) which is in the off position. The centre turns the unit on and the final position activates +48w phantom power for XLR microphones.

http://www.dslrfilmnoob.com/wp-content/ ... 4-of-5.jpg

I hope this question makes sense, please bare with me if I confuse things. I'm very keen to learn all of this stuff!

Thanks,

Jamie