SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By roldie
Hey guys!

I'm totally new to this thing, I only have some Matlab experience and I think I'm a fast learner. Okey, so this is roughly the kind of system I'm looking for:

When sensor A comes close to the Main Sensor, let's say within the range of 2-3 cm, an alarm will go off on the computer. But when sensor B comes close to the sensor a different alarm will go off on the same computer. So what kind of sensors, gear and software do I need to do this? I hope that this was clear enough :lol:

Pardon my newbieness.

Cheers!
By stellajohn
You can use simply LDR or IR sensor in main sensor and A and B can be white paper and black paper . You need one interface between computer and main sensor that can be simple controller Arduino. Then when white paper is near to main sensor arduino will provide either 1 or 0 (which you can set by programming the arduino) then that signal can be send to computer to off the alarm. In same way if you are generating 1 for white paper then generate 0 for black and pass that signal to computer if you set that for another alarm it will work.

Hope you get some help from this.