SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By butternut
Good day! I would like to know if there is a way to see the output of a sensor connected to a PIC. Just like with arduino that you could see the outputs from the PORT where the sensor is connected.

P.S. the sensor i'm using is not found in proteues

thanks!!
By butternut
What I'm trying to mean is that is there a kit for a PIC18F4550 where you can mount it and read the output from a PC via a terminal, based on the program you have written? :D
By leon_heller
Just design a suitable PCB and get it made. Program the PIC with a PICkit 3 or ICD 3.
By lyndon
If the Arduino will do what you want, is there some particular function the PIC will perform that makes it better for the job?
By butternut
Our school project requires PIC only. My concern is that can I view the readings from the sensor(example pulse rate sensor) I'll be using via PC/terminal, just like what I saw on some tutorials but it's with an Arduino. I hope you get what I'm trying to mean.
By butternut
Hey guys! I'd like to ask if it's possible to interface a digital blood pressure device that is equipped with a USB feature to my PIC18f4550. Will it be achieved using ADC?
By skimask
If this is a school project, surely the "instructor" would know the answer to that simple question.

The PIC18F4550 is a 'slave' USB device, not a 'host' USB device.
Unless your 'digital blood pressure device' is a magical 'host' USB device that would be able to send data to a 'slave' device, no.

Again, surely your 'instructor' would have 3 brain cells that could work in concert to figure that out.