SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By callen5914
Greetings Sparkfun Fanatics!,

I have been working quite a bit on making a breakout for the MCP23017. I do this with all my projects. I start on the breadboard then once I get bored of all the wires I solidify my learning projects by designing a proto in EagleCad and send it in to OSHPark for production of the proto. This I feel is good because it help me learn the design process from start to finish.

Any way, I have arrived at what I think is ready for manufacture of this projects proto. But before I send it in, I need some experts to look over the board and check my resistor and capacitor values. Please note there are some pull ups and pull downs that I've used in the breadboard but not sure they're the best to use for this actual proto run. Also I'm really not sure my decoupling capacitors are correctly configured. So again, please look this over and suggest fixes and what I did wrong.

Image Image
By lyndon
1) Add mounting holes. I hate boards that have no way to be mounted securely
2) Depending on what headers you use in those holes, it may not be possible to read the legend after the location is populated with the part.

Didn't look at anything else.