SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By sarmedic447
Im looking to build a Minecraft Chest, but I would like it to do 2 things: 1) I would like it to make the same sound as it does in game when you open the chest, and 2) I would like there to be a light on the inside that turns on when the chest is opened. I dont have any technical saavy and was wondering what electrical components I would need to make these 2 things happen (on a budget). Any feedback pointing me in the right direction is welcome!
By free-bee
Making the light come on is the easy part. You'll need as little as a microswitch and a light (and wires and a power source but you probably already knew that). It's the sound part that's going to be difficult.

Getting the sound files is as easy as downloading (and maybe converting) them. They will come in a resource pack kit, which includes all sounds and textures so you'll need to dig a little to find them.
To get them to play, you will need something like this: https://www.sparkfun.com/products/13660
What I linked there is a bit overkill (you'll have two files, not 2048), but it's just to give you an idea. To trigger it, you can use the same microswitch that you use for the light.

I suspect, over all, your project will not be that difficult (or expensive!) to build.