SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By tahikib
I have recently bough Stepper Motor with Threaded Rod. I need help finding the correct flag that will fit Hub Mount - Quad (Mount C).

I think it is a 5/16 or 8mm thread rod but I cannot figure it out. Could someone please help. I was thinking of this one 5/16 Flange Nut but I just don't know. I cannot complete My Post here without it.

I thank everyone in advance for the help.
Last edited by tahikib on Sat Feb 14, 2015 8:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Ross Robotics
From the pic on the product page, it looks like an M8 with a 0.3 pitch. You may want to contact Pololu and see if you can purchase more. Didn't you get one with the purchase?
By tahikib
codlink wrote:From the pic on the product page, it looks like an M8 with a 0.3 pitch. You may want to contact Pololu and see if you can purchase more. Didn't you get one with the purchase?
I did get one but it doesn't line up the mount I got.
By lyndon
OK, I'm officially confused. You have the motor, leadscrew and lead nut, OK. You are trying to attach the lead nut to the Hub Mount? If so, what's this "flag" that you are trying to fit?
tahikib wrote:I have recently bough Stepper Motor with Threaded Rod. I need help finding the correct flag that will fit Hub Mount - Quad (Mount C).

I think it is a 5/16 or 8mm thread rod but I cannot figure it out. Could someone please help. I was thinking of this one 5/16 Flange Nut but I just don't know. I cannot complete My Post here without it.

I thank everyone in advance for the help.
Last edited by lyndon on Sat Jan 31, 2015 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Ross Robotics
Dave Mueller wrote:From the website, it says a TR8-2, which is a "trapezoidal" thread.
Think you meant to type "TR8-3", right?
By n1ist
The stepper comes with the flange nut. If you want to mount the flange nut to the hub mount, you could make a mounting plate that adapts the nut to the plate. Can you use a hub E instead with the center hole bored out?

/mike
By Dave Mueller
codlink wrote:Think you meant to type "TR8-3", right?
Nope, it's TR8-2:

Dimensions
The following diagram shows the stepper motor, lead screw, and traveling nut dimensions in mm. Note that the datasheet and diagram below incorrectly label the threaded rod as “TR8×3”; it is really a TR8×2 rod (the threading has a 2 mm pitch).
By Ross Robotics
Ah, I see said the blind man..