SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By Mstaffa81
Yeah it was a bit of an odd measurement, and it's distinctly possible I misread the meter.

So, from what I'm reading I need to bypass the voltage regulator by soldering over the SJ1 jumpers, correct?

If that's the case, I think it would be better if I jumped them with a wire instead of globbing across,just in case I want to use the board for a different purpose later down the road.
By Mee_n_Mac
Mstaffa81 wrote:So, from what I'm reading I need to bypass the voltage regulator by soldering over the SJ1 jumpers, correct?
Correct.
By Mee_n_Mac
Mstaffa81 wrote:I don't suppose you know how to charge two 6v batteries in series do you?
Nope. These would some form of lead-acid batteries ?
By Mee_n_Mac
Mstaffa81 wrote:Errr nickel-mh?
Yeah, I guess 5 cells in series would get you a nominal 6V. I've just never seen such a beast.
By Mstaffa81
So, I figured out how to charge the batteries. I'm afraid the brightness of the lines is still relatively disappointing.

On another note, I've figured out how to program adafruits neopixel rings with relative dexterity, and I plan on mounting them on the suit as well
By Mstaffa81
Whew! Been a while since I've checked in here. Anyway, I've made some pretty good progress.

I've successfully gathered all the lines I need and almost all of the materials and components to make this an awesome suit.

I've gotten my Xbee serial line up and running, connected to the computer that will be running on the sidelines, I've begun programming the popular in charge of LED strands, and have started mounting the boards and their links to the main controller belt.

The last few things I need to work on are insulating the conductive threads to prevent shorting out between strands, improved battery mounting, best way to mount the EL strands to the suit, and finding the actual clothes I want to put it all on... Which is proving harder than I expected.
By kotito
Hello Mstaffa.
I've read all this conversation and I explain my project:
In my case i got El sequencer, some El Wires, 2 Xbee modules and my PC with vixen set up. I am a bit stuck in this project beacuse what I want is to create a pattern with Vixen, and this pattern is sent to El Sequencer remotely through XBEE so that El Wire turn on. And this process doesn't work

Could you explain how did you make it? I would thank a lot or any suggestion