SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By msj121
Hi,
I was curious if anyone knew of some pages or some resource that would help describe common design patterns or decisions.

For example:
1). Keep a capacitor near power input pins.
2). Using a transistor as a switch
3). Voltage divider.

I know these are all things we learn eventually, but I would like to compile a list of things that people just commonly do when designing a circuit (any digital circuit) to help people a long so they can see the common parts in a schematic, know how they work and focus on the bigger picture or details without being bogged down by what might be a very simple/common issue/design.

With those three examples as a metric I hope to find more like them, but anything you think might help people would be wonderful.
By uChip
Do a search on this board for "Arduino Basic Connections" and you will find several interesting example circuits. Many of these have application beyond Arduino.

- Chip
By msj121
Sadly it seems that the website has removed any ability to download or look at the cards. I assume because it is now for sale, and not for free. I did find some cards and I think they might be useful. I am trying to make it more general then arduino but it is definitely a good resource, thank you.

Hopefully people know more sources.