SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By johnsimons
I have bought a picobord for my son to teach him basic programming. I have also bought a force sensitive resistor 0.5. I would like help to put them together to create pressure drum in scratch (help with the code). The harder my son hits the drum the louder it gets vice versa.

Many Thanks :)
By johnsimons
In scratch there is a simple drum sound that i could use, the amplifier drives the speaker.

I have attached my code.

Thanks.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Valen
What do you need help with actually. You gave no problem description. Only that you want to help your son with this project. What does not work? How does it work/what does it do, that you didn't expect?

So much for reading that code file with Notepad. It's mostly gibberish. Can't help with this. Any chance you can make pictures of this graphical programming language?

What is the resistance of that pressure sensor?

[EDIT] Never mind, nominally unpressured at 1 Megaohm according to the Sparkfun product description.
https://www.sparkfun.com/products/9376

If I look at the schematic of this Picoboard, then the analog circuit behind the jack-plug socket is the AVR chip analog input pulled up to 5 volt with a 10 k Resistor. Together this makes a 10k over 1000k resistor divider. Or the unpressured ratio that comes out of this is about 1000/1010, or 0.99 times 5 volt. In terms of ADC value this would be about 1013. Applying pressure you should see lower values. But how much is difficult to say. Have you tried to measure this with your own hand, while using a multimeter to measure the output voltage? How much does it sway. Could be that your multimeter does not measure quickly enough to register a hit of your fist. Better use weights.
By Ross Robotics
For reference: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scratch_%2 ... anguage%29

I doubt anyone here can help you with the code. It is rather new concept and most, including me, have never heard of it until now.