SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By jimz73
Hi everyone

i am in the verge of placing an order
, but just wanted to check in with you experts to see if i need additional items as well.

first things first ,

i saw watercolor bot from sylvia using eggbot /eibot ,
i like the concept but instead of a servo , i will be using a micro pump like this https://www.sparkfun.com/products/10398

but this is a 12 volt pump ,

how do i attach this pump to the eibot?

i really appreciate any suggestions

thank a lot
By Ross Robotics
Ok, I just watched the Kickstarter vid and I don't see how you will integrate a pump in place of a servo.. So, please explain.. What is the voltage on the bot, 5V? If so, you will need another power supply that can output 12V, and then setup up a circuit to drive the motor when needed.
By Mee_n_Mac
jimz73 wrote:how do i attach this pump to the eibot?
Duct tape ?
Zip ties ??
Superglue ???
By Valen
So instead of servos with winches pulling wires, you want to use waterflow to move something? The parts I'm missing to make this work are plungers and tubes. Or else it's going to be a real aquarel painting. Please explain better how you are trying to set this up.

[edit]Dammit, it's not even a waterpump but a vacuum pump. Now I am really lost.

Don't forget 'hot-snot' as adhesive!
By Ross Robotics
This looks like a "one post wonder." Will never see the OP again..
By skimask
For grins, I went looking...

31,710 registered forums users...

10,834 with 0 posts
8,556 single posters
3,983 double posts
Only 167 users have posted over 100 messages
Only 13 have over 1,000 posts.

Feeds my theory that less than 1% have anything useful to contribute to any given conversation at any given time...
...but that's just me...
By Ross Robotics
Seems I am apart of the 167.. But, it's just a matter of time before I hit the 1K..
By skimask
I'm surprised as well. You'd figure most that would bother posting here would be avid enthusiasts and the number of 1 & 2 post users wouldn't be so high. Apparently not.
Of course I realize most of the zero posters are people that tried to jump in on the holiday freebie deals, and the single posters are spammers or people that asked questions and didn't give out a thanks after an answer was thrown out there. Possible that the double-post types asked a question, got an answer and threw out a thanks.
meh...I give up...
By Ross Robotics
skimask wrote:Of course I realize most of the zero posters are people that tried to jump in on the holiday freebie deals..
I don't see how this is possible, the main site and the forums don't have synced logins. You have to register for the forums even if you have an account on the main site.
By skimask
codlink wrote:I don't see how this is possible, the main site and the forums don't have synced logins. You have to register for the forums even if you have an account on the main site.
Ok, maybe not... I was making an uneducated guess :)
At any rate, bunches of the registration dates line up with those freebie days, at least within a few days beforehand.