SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By zxm2164
Hello,

I'm not sure that this is the right place to post this question, but I am working on a project and I'm trying to test a TI tps regulator. To test the regulator, I breadboarded the Webench design and wired everything correctly but the regulator gave no output voltage. Do any of you have suggestions? Is it possible that a Webench design would not work with through hole, breadboarded components?
By Mee_n_Mac
Any chance we'll know what regulator or see a schematic or how you wired your BB ? I'd be leery of a solderless BB and a high frequency switcher. Even so my 1'st instinct is a wiring error.
By zxm2164
Hey Mee,

We double checked the wiring and rewired it once so I'm fairly confident that it is not a wiring problem. That being said, the breadboard is kind of messy since we needed to find through hole components and arrange them to match the specified values. Also of note is that we used an LED and a resistor as a load.
IMG_5680.jpg
Screen Shot 2014-02-09 at 1.07.08 PM.jpg
Thanks for any thoughts
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By n1ist
Switchers require very careful layout and short leads. They won't work on a whiteblock.

A few things jump out at me:
- Where's the inductor?
- Whiteblock connections are vertical in the position shown in the picture (except for the power busses). You don't have anything connected in the compensation network or feedback divider. This Image
shows how the connections are set up.

/mike