SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By ZuLuuuuuu
Hello, for a project of mine I need to multiply a USB port. I want to do it on my mainboard instead of using a USB hub device. But I have hard time finding a USB hub IC on the market. Is there a popular one?

I bought a USB hub and teared it down. There is a FE1.1s chip inside. I found a datasheet and it looks like relatively easy to use. But I cannot find this chip on my country. I might just desolder it from the device and use it on my board. But I just wanted to know if there is a popular USB hub chip that I don't know?
By ZuLuuuuuu
tusb2046b is full speed. I needed a high speed USB 2.0 hub IC.

I ended up using FE1.1s. It can be ordered via Ali Express, cheap and relatively easy to solder (28 pin SSOP package). It works without a problem on Linux.

I created an Eagle device for it so that other people can use it as well:
imcom.zip
Here is the datasheet for FE1.1s:
FE1.1s Datasheet (Rev. 1.0).pdf.zip
As a bonus, the library I attached also has a USB type-A female through hole connector device that you can connect to the downstream ports. The one I found on Eagle libraries had a solder mask issue with the big holes.

Here is a sample schematic for FE1.1s:

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
By Inches
I know this is a really old thread, but this is one of the main sources for info on the fe1.1 referenced everywhere.

I'm wondering if anybody has had success using this chip with external power source in self powered mode, as well as using it as a voltage regulator. I see that it has a 3.3 and 1.8v regulator, but how much current output can it support? And it is mainly to power its own 3.3 and 1.8 or is it intended to be the buck to provide power to other things in a design?