SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By nateH
Hello,
I'm trying to identify a component on a PCB audio amplifier board from a LCD TV to replace it. The marking on the PCB is DZ1. I think its a zener diode but cant find one similar to it any where the markings on the diode is 036 5T with a white tip? here is an image of the board with the component circled any help would be appreciated Thanks
PS new on this site so I hope this is posted in the right place cheers
By Valen
The image is quite blurry. Can you provide a better closeup, or with higher resolution? It also might help identify it's function if you can identify the other parts that it is connected to.
By skimask
Why do you think that diode is the problem?
I'd lean more towards that cap with the bulged top...
By nateH
the diode actually got dislodged when removing the glue. I was told that the glue becomes conductive after it breaks down and turns a dark brown. so now I just need to find a replacement to re solder but cant quite find the same one any where this is an older pic and the capacitior has since been replaced. thanks
By Ross Robotics
If your looking for info on that diode, it's part number is MMSZ5248B - ZENER 18V 200MW
By Valen
codlink wrote:If your looking for info on that diode, it's part number is MMSZ5248B - ZENER 18V 200MW
But that is a surface mount package. Obviously different from the picture.
By Ross Robotics
it's a start..
The marking on the PCB is DZ1
It's not DZ1, it's D21. Just the number system from the CAD program they used.