SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By darrenA
I am trying to get started with arduino so it would be great if you guys could point me in the right direction. I am basically looking to use a pressure sensor (which acts as a variable resistor) to moderate the amount of voltage a power supply puts out. For example, a pressure is applied to the sensor and then based on that pressure a proportional amount of voltage is applied to a piezoelectric transducer. What board should I buy? How should I go about doing this? I know the fundamentals of programming and I have a small bit of experience with arduino by the way. Thanks
By Mee_n_Mac
What kind of control signal does your PS require ? What range of force/pressure are you expecting to use ? What's going to be applying that pressure ?
By Mee_n_Mac
If all you need is 1 analog input and one ??? output, then any "Arduino" board should suffice. Perhaps even an Adafruit Trinket. One thing I'd think about doing is linearizing the sensor response via a lookup table and interpolation. That might rule out the Trinket.