SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By Odyssey25
Hello everyone,

I run a product development firm in Houston Texas. I have a client that is looking to development a simple battery-powered device that is slightly outside my capabilities. I was hoping someone with solid experience could assist in a freelance scenario. The basics of the project are:

small board
4-way toggle (or 4-way directional button array) - for selecting between 4 short audio messages
single push button - for activating the selected message
battery - watch style
small speaker
optional amplifier to boost audio output

Overall size of the assembly should be 2"x2"x1"

The assembly will be installed into a custom CNC machined plastic housing.

I have attempted building this myself using an Arduino Micro board to give you an idea of the size.

I appreciate hearing from anyone with some interest.

Thanks
Sean
www.odyssey-solutions.net
By Ross Robotics
battery - watch style
I can see why this would be difficult. Most decoder chips use 3.0V+, with the common ICs using 3.3V. A watch battery isn't going to work IMO. The rest seems easy..

Is the speaker mounted to the board? I would think that with the size of the enclosure, you could use a LiPo battery or similar so you could design the system with 3.3V.

Send me an email with some specifics. trevor@rossrobotics.com
By lyndon
I developed a controller that piggybacked onto a device that was powered by a watch battery earlier this year. I can see some design possibilities here.

Sean: I sent you a Private Message. Please check your inbox.