SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By wubbahed
I'm a software guy, so have limited hardware understanding but am looking for some quick pointers on how to solve my problem.

I've successfully built this small project:
(picture here - http://www.flickr.com/photos/wubbahed/1 ... hotostream )
and in this I've made simple connections between these four Sparkfun products:

SEN-11295 - Humidity/Temperature Sensor
PRT-11231 - LiPo Charger/Booster
BOB-11400 - Electric Imp Breakout board
PRT - 00341 - Polymer Lithium Ion Battery 850mAh

When the battery is charged, this runs for days. The ElectricImp is programmed to wake up every 10 minutes and log the data from the humidity/temperature sensor to a cloud database.

The problem I have is related to charging the LiPo battery. When the battery runs out, I can charge the battery using a standard microUSB connector, however, the device won't turn back on automatically. The only way I can get the device to resume is to physically unplug the battery from the LiPo Charger Booster, and re-plug in the ElectricImp card, and then the whole thing reboots and starts working again.

Ideally I want to put all of this in its own enclosure, but am looking to better understand what I need to do to have this be a simple device that just runs on its own, and that will automatically reboot once the battery gets enough juice in it. What am I missing here to make that happen?

Thanks