SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By joran
Hi im a complete noob when it comes to HW. I am looking for something like flat flex cable (FFC/FPC) sockets, with a breakout board or something simillarly low profile to create shields that I can just plug a ribbon into. (also how to attach the cable to stuff like a 4x3 keypad or a LCD screen. so if you guys know of any good tutorials for that please share ... )

currently I am using 2x5 shrouded headers and ribbon cable with crimps ... I am looking for lower profile solutions.

If i could still use regular ribbon cable that would be sweet but. I am looking for something with a profile closer to FPC/FFC stuff.

anyway please help ... ive been googling for two days and I dont even really know what Im looking for, FFC socket with through hole soldering that I can attach to a protoboard or perfboard...
By joran
yeah something just like that ... but with through hole soldering or a breakout board... the problem is Im a lousy solderer and I have very little faith that I would be able to surface mount solder with success. (especially on a perfboard ... is it even possible on a perfboard?)
By Ross Robotics
Why not use 90 degree (or angle) headers?