SparkFun Forums 

Where electronics enthusiasts find answers.

General project discussion / help
Did you make a robotic coffee pot which implements HTCPCP and decafs unauthorized users? Show it off here!
By edsmith75
Greetings! I am new to the forum and just wanted to throw this question out there. I would like to connect a 10DOF IMU to an Arduino board that is connecting to servos but don’t know what boards are the most compatible. Any suggestions?
By Mee_n_Mac
What are you looking to do with the IMU ? How many servos ? Do need any other I/O ?
By edsmith75
I would like to use the IMU as a motion controller to control the position of at least four servos.
By Mee_n_Mac
It's claimed that even an Uno can control up to 12 servos with only minimal resource usage. Then again I note a Mega2560 is what's used for the latest 9 DOF Ardupilots. I didn't think there was much (if any) of a computational capacity difference btw the two. The Mega just has more built-in peripherals and memory. Either should work is my GUESS, your choice.
By edsmith75
Do you know of any code that has already been written to do this? Or maybe enough code to get started? Thanks for your help.