Could somebody help me ?

Find out how to setup your programmer's software and how to solve many common problems.

Moderator: phalanx

Betty99

Could somebody help me ?

Post by Betty99 » Tue Sep 20, 2016 12:43 am

Hello, dear members,
I want to use a DC Motor Speed Control using PWM with PIC Microcontroller for a robotic arm, I am planing to use 2 DC motors for 2 joints (Each motor for each joints). I decided to use L293 motor driver full bridge IC.
And My question is should I use two L293 IC for 2 motors? both joints moves up and down wards. not side movement.
I am designing my own PCB board on Altium designer. so could you please offer me clear circuit with PIC16f877A(this is the microcontroller that I am using) and L193 for 2 motors if somebody can help.

Thank you and have a good one !

phalanx
Non-SFE Guru

Re: Could somebody help me ?

Post by phalanx » Tue Sep 20, 2016 6:08 am

Hi Betty,

The L293 is capable of 4 DC motors in 1 direction, 2 DC motors in 2 directions, or a single bipolar stepper motor in 2 directions. Most likely you would fall into the 2 DC motors in 2 directions scenario so you could use a single L293, just make sure your motors are the brushed permanent magnet type.

The PIC16F877A is not recommended for new designs since there are newer alternatives with superior performance characteristics. If you are taking the time to make a new PCB, I would find a different controller.

It's unlikely that someone will just make your circuit for you but if you do your initial design and layout, you can certainly post it here and someone will check it over for missed details.

-Bill

ahmadtanveer

Post by ahmadtanveer » Wed Nov 09, 2016 8:06 am

I am tanveer. I love to read technical articles from spark fun and microcontrollers project website. I work on microcontrollers projects in free time.

Betty99

Post by Betty99 » Wed Nov 30, 2016 12:47 am

ahmadtanveer wrote:this article may help you
http://microcontrollerslab.com/speed-co ... er-part-1/
Thank you very much.That's helpful.